Bacon Wrapped Walleye Bites
- 4-5lbs of Walleye Filets - Cut into 1" cubes
- 1lb of bacon strips cut in half
- 1 btl Italian dressing (or homemade) of your choice
- 1 btl barbecue sauce of your choice
*Need bamboo skewers for grilling
- Place cubed Walleye in a resealable bag with Italian dressing and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour
- Wrap each cube with bacon strip and skewer end to prevent unrolling
- Cover grill with oiled aluminum sheet to prevent burns and add spread walleye bites evenly across surface
- Cook over medium heat until bacon begins to crisp.
- Base with BBQ sauce and serve.
- Walleye bites can also be basted with buffalo sauce (mix 1:1 buffalo sauce and melted butter)
*In the absence of a grill, walleye bites can be slowly pan fried or oven baked.