First Leg of PMTT Winner Announced
The first qualifying leg of the PMTT kicked off April 30th-May 1st this year on Cave Run Lake. The winners of this round of qualifiers are invited to compete in the PMTT World Championships along with the top 50 competing teams. This years qualifier On Cave Run Lake in Kentucky produced 27 muskies, which were caught and released.
Highlights from the tournament include:
- Musky Hunter Big Fish - 41" Shan Horsley & Nick Adams
- True Grip Big Fish - 39" Anthony Rumple & Andrew Deverich
- Day 1 Big Fish - 41.25" Joey Rozanski & Mark Gillich
- Day 2 Big Fish - 38.5" Ron Haynes & Ladd Wildeson
- TTAP Bonus Team - Ron Haynes & Ladd Wildeson
- TTAP Bonus Fish - 41.25" Joey Rozanski & Mark Gillich
This years competitors were up against unconventional Spring weather which has plagued the Southern fishing habitat this year. Despite the uphill battle, this years winning team, Stan Horsley and Nick Adams, boated 2 fish to finish first place with total fish points of 115.
A big congrats to the winners and all the competitors in the first leg of the competition from Musky Shop. Up next we enter the Q2 Mercury Marine Summer Challenge hosted on the Eagle River/Three Lakes Chain on June 25th & 26th. To those competitors, good luck and tight lines.